Earn Bitcoin Just By Browsing

Earn Bitcoin Just By Browsing
Earn Bitcoin Just By Browsing

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Superstar Confused By FIFA Best Men's Snub


With superstars such as Lionel Messi, Antoine Griezmann and Kylian Mbappe being snubbed for the three-man shortlist for the The Best FIFA Men's Player 2018 award, one of those stars has now spoken out about being left off the podium.

FIFA announced its shortlist for the coveted individual prize earlier this week, with Cristiano Ronaldo, Luka Modric and Mohamed Salah making the final three from their initial 10-man shortlist.
Griezmann, who enjoyed a fantastic 2017/18 campaign, during which he won the UEFA Europa League trophy with Atletico Madrid and the 2018 FIFA World Cup with France, was surprised to be left out of contention for the accolade.
"It's bizarre, and a shame, it's FIFA who award the trophy, right?" he said, according to L'Equipe.
"And the World Cup is organised by FIFA, right? We won the World Cup and there is no Frenchman at the end.
"It's a choice, but it's surprising there's no world champion."
Despite his frustration, Griezmann hopes to be among the favourites for the Ballon d'Or, which will be handed out later this year.
"I would ask myself what I would have to do more," he added.
"I have won three trophies, I've been important in decisive moments. But it's not me who votes.
"Comparing with 2016, I have to be in the final three. When I finished third in 2016, I had lost two finals. Now, I've won three. So, the normal thing would be..."
The 27-year-old scored 29 goals and assisted a further 15 strikes in 49 matches for Atletico last season, and contributed to seven strikes for Les Bleus at the global tournament in Russia.

No comments:

Post a Comment